Comprehensive Veterinary Equine Services
Columbia Equine Hospital offers a full range of ambulatory, hospital, and referral services. Your horse will receive quality care from our expert team at our beautiful, state-of-the-art equine hospital or at your farm. Our services include:
- Veterinary Medicine—The facility at Columbia Equine allows our veterinarians and staff to provide in-depth medical and hospitalization services. We are fully able to provide workups and treatment for many illnesses.
- Lameness Services—We provide thorough lameness examinations, gait evaluation, flexion exam, and diagnostics. With our veterinarians’ experience and our advanced diagnostic tools, we can provide optimal treatment and a therapeutic plan for your horse.
- Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging—We are fully equipped with the most advanced diagnostic imaging technologies, including digital radiography, digital ultrasound, nuclear scintigraphy, and more.
- Sport Horse Medicine—Competitive horses demand specialized care to extend their athletic careers and improve performance. Our veterinarians are experienced with many different performance disciplines and are ready to help you and your horse achieve excellence.
- Farm Services—If you’re unable to bring your horse to our facility, we offer farm visits as a part of our comprehensive veterinary services, bringing our medical expertise and technology to your doorstep.
- Veterinary Surgery center—Our skilled surgeon, Dr. Scott Hansen, is highly experienced in emergency and elective veterinary surgical procedures, including orthopedics, soft tissue, dental, podiatry, and much more. At this time, Columbia Equine Hospital does not perform colic surgery.
- Equine Dental Care—Comprehensive dental care, from routine dental floats and procedures to complex specialty dental treatments.
- Emergency and Critical Care—Our veterinarians are here for you if and when an emergency arises, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Equine Ophthalmology—We offer ophthalmology services including medical and surgical treatment of all types of ocular disease.
- Preventive Health—Wellness exams, vaccinations, and deworming schedules help protect your horse from many common diseases. We will work with you to establish a plan that is right for you and your horse.
- Pre-purchase Exams—Before you finalize the purchase of your next horse, call Columbia Equine Hospital to perform a thorough a pre-purchase medical examination. This examination is essential to confirm the health of the horse, to identify any pre-existing conditions that require attention, and to determine suitability for its intended use.
- Equine Podiatry—Our veterinarians work closely with your farrier to provide comprehensive diagnosis, treatment, and maintenance of a variety of foot conditions.
- Equine Dermatology—The Willamette Valley’s moist environment optimizes the production of molds, pollens, and insects and provides a climate suitable for bacterial, fungal, and allergic skin diseases. Our veterinarians are experienced with regional issues that some horses face and can offer many treatment options for your horse.
- Equine Reproduction Services—We offer a full spectrum of services related to equine reproductive health and management.